Sunday 26 October 2014

The Year 5 Cloud Detectives

Cloud Detectives
By Natalie, Clara and Emily N
For science, Year 5 have been learning about weather. Miss Lee started out with twitter and tweeted out a tweet asking for pictures of clouds from around the world. 



We got lots of replies and photos from people all over the world. Then, Miss Lee split us into ten groups for the ten different cloud types. We had to make a poster for  the cloud type we were given using Google Drawing. There are ten cloud types:

Stratus
Cumulonimbus
Cirrus
Altostratus
Stratocumulus
Cirrostratus
Altocumulus
Cumulus
Nimbostratus
Cirrocumulus


Also, for homework we were asked to take pictures of different clouds and send them to Miss Lee.  Our class created a presentation which contains the cloud images from our homework and from twitter. The presentation includes the posters that we have created. We were also asked to classify the clouds that were on the presentation. On Monday, we created a map where the cloud photos came from.

Thank you to every one who tweeted, emailed or sent Miss Lee and our class a photo! We really enjoyed using all of the beautiful cloud photos.

Our Presentation
(Click Here)



Our Google map:

(Click here)


What did you learn from this activity?  
Which cloud type is your favourite?

18 comments:

  1. I learnt that there are only 2 types of rain clouds, and my favourite cloud is the cirrus because it is so high and it looks different to the other clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this activity, I learnt that there are ten different types of clouds in the sky. My favourite out of the ten is the Cumulus cloud because looks small and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learnt that there is 10 different clouds and my favorite cloud is a cumulonimbus because it is big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt that there are only 2 types of clouds that rain and I love the Nimbostratus because it is very unique and goes through all the cloud layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt that there were many different types of clouds, my favorite on is cumulonimbus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learn't that there were only two rain cloud and not all of them are rain clouds. My favorite is the cumulus because it looks so fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learnt that there'er is high level medium level and low level clouds :P my favorite cloud is Nimbostratus cloud because it just nice and cool clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learnt that clouds use millions of water droplets to form a normal and my favorite cloud is the cirrostratus cloud cause it is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learnt that there are different levels of clouds high, medium and low level clouds. My favourite cloud is Altostratus because they are beautiful and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I leant that there are only two clouds that rain. They are nimbostratus and cumulonimbus. My favourite cloud is the cirrus cloud because it has a different affect to all the other clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learnt that dust particles help form clouds. My favourite cloud is the Altostratus because they are beautiful and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learnt that the heat from the sun helps forms the clouds. I also learnt that, if the water from the cloud is too heavy, it will transform into rain. My favourite cloud in the cumulonimbus cloud (the BIG one), because it's so large and different.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learnt that water vapour helps form the clouds and is not visible to us

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learnt that dust particles from planes help the clouds form clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learnt that there are ten clouds and my favourite is the stratocumulus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learnt that water vapor causes clouds to form. sinead

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learnt that only 2 types of clouds rain. My favourite cloud is the cumulous because they are fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I learnt that there are levels for specific clouds. My favourite cloud is the cumulus because it's very puffyand common

    ReplyDelete